How a Stand-Up Paddle retractable fin works
A retractable fin combines all the advantages of a traditional fin with the advantages of a very short fin. Its specificity is that the fin folds back when it hits an obstacle. This mechanism and its construction make it possible to glide over all types of water, rocks, algae, etc. Therefore, nothing can slow down your paddling! A retractable fin will offer you many advantages for sailing: versatility, manoeuvrability, sturdiness, more sailing possibilities…
The advantages of a retractable fin in SUP
Here is an exhaustive list of all the reasons to adopt this type of fin:
- Don’t worry about the depth of the water, and increase the number of possible spots to sail
- Don’t be afraid of getting stuck or damaging your equipment
- Extend sessions or hikes over several days without worrying about the depth of the various bottoms
- No need to get off the board when there is not enough depth
- Its length and angle allow you to paddle straight, but also to have a gain of maneuverability on your board
- Ease of storage and space saving: SUPs can be stacked easily without having to remove the fin (ideal for rental companies)
- You can put it on the ground before or after your ride, to sit or lie on your board, without having to remove the fin
- This fin is very versatile, easy to set up, and fits all Stand-Up Paddle boards, as well as all boxes: US Box, Slide In, Itiwit
- It is not only intended for hikers and whitewater enthusiasts, experienced race or racing enthusiasts or beginners will appreciate its versatility and handling.
- Made in Germany, the retractable spoiler is very robust, long-lasting and comes with a two-year warranty.
Buy a retractable spoiler