How do you attach your GoPro to an inflatable paddle board ?
Are you a stand up paddle (SUP) enthusiast and want to capture your adventures on the sea or lake ? The GoPro is the ideal tool to film your paddle sessions and share your most beautiful moments with your friends and family. But how do you attach a GoPro to an inflatable paddle ? We explain how to capture your sessions in the best conditions.
Mounting your GoPro on an inflatable paddle: choosing the right mount
There are many different ways to attach your GoPro, however not all of them are suitable for an inflatable paddle. Of the many mounts available, the best for your inflatable paddle will be the adhesive mount. Practical and reliable, this mount will allow you to get the most out of your GoPro and your paddle.
For added security, you can use a float or leash to ensure that you don’t lose your GoPro if it falls in the water.
The advantages of the adhesive GoPro mount
- Ease of use : The GoPro is easy to set up, you won’t need any tools.
- Weather resistant : The silicone adhesive that is used to attach the mount is designed to withstand not only water but also heavy conditions.
- Discreet and convenient : Once the GoPro is removed, the mount takes up very little space. You can put it on and take it off the mount as you wish.
It is important to note that you should still be careful with the mounting of your GoPro. The adhesive loses its grip over time and can eventually come off. To avoid this, it is recommended that you replace the adhesive mount approximately every six months.
How to install your GoPro on an inflatable paddle ?
Here are some steps to successfully install your Gopro on your inflatable SUP :
- First, inflate your paddle and start by thoroughly cleaning the surface where you want to stick the GoPro. To remove any grease or dirt, use soapy water. You should not use abrasive products such as acetone or alcohol to clean your inflatable paddle. This can damage the paddle.
- Next, carefully peel the adhesive backing off the GoPro and place it on the inflatable paddle in the desired location. Be careful not to stick your GoPro on an area that bends when you store your paddle. The ideal position is with the front of the paddle well centred to the sides.
- Press the adhesive back firmly onto the paddle.
- You should allow it to dry for a minimum of 24 hours before using your paddle or touching the GoPro components. This drying time allows the adhesive to set properly and ensures a good bond.
- Once it is dry, you can attach the GoPro to the paddle by clipping it to the base.
What videos to make with a GoPro on an inflatable stand-up paddle ?
There are many ways to film with an inflatable stand-up paddle to create interesting videos. For example, you can film your paddle trip capturing the scenery and highlights of your session. The GoPro is also a great way to capture your time on the water with your friends or family.
If you’re a professional or a paddling enthusiast, you can create training or demonstration videos. Show off your techniques, tips and tricks or simply share your passion for the activity. Finally, if you participate in competitions or inflatable paddle challenges, you can film your performance and share it with your audience. There are many other ways to film with a GoPro on an inflatable stand-up paddle, be creative and have fun !
Find all our tips for :
How to tack in a Wingfoil?
How to tack in a Wingfoil? How to tack in Wingfoil ? The tack is a manoeuvre that allows you to change tack by turning
Our advice for preparing your wingfoil wing
Our advice for preparing your wing When preparing your Wing for a flying session, it is important to check its condition to ensure optimal performance
What are the best weather conditions for wing foiling ?
What are the best weather conditions for Wing Foil ? There are several weather factors to take into account in order to practice Wing Foil