How to windsurf with an inflatable paddle ?
The Windsurf and the inflatable paddling are both popular water sports for those who enjoy the thrill of the ride. If you want to start windsurfing, it is possible to do so with an inflatable stand-up paddle board. Inflatable paddles are practical, light, easy to carry and accessible to beginners. In this article we explain how to windsurf with an inflatable paddle board, giving you all the keys to a successful first session.
The advantages of windsurfing with an inflatable paddle board
- Ease of transport and storage : the advantage of having an inflatable paddle board is that it is light and space saving. It is therefore easy to transport and store. The board can be stored in a backpack that takes up very little space in the boot of a car, which is very practical when travelling.
- Versatility : The inflatable paddle board can be used for different boarding activities such as windsurfing, kayaking, simply paddling or WingSUP. This makes it a versatile piece of equipment, suitable for many levels, and the perfect board for the whole family.
- Accessibility : the inflatable paddle board is easier to handle than a traditional board. It is very versatile, making it accessible to beginners.
- Durability : A well-constructed inflatable paddle board like the ones we offer at SROKA is more durable and resistant to bumps and scratches than a traditional board. This makes it a durable piece of equipment over time.
In summary, windsurfing with an inflatable paddle board is accessible, easy to transport, strong and very versatile. It is an interesting option for people who want to discover windsurfing in a simple and practical way.
What are the conditions to start windsurfing with an inflatable paddle ?
Windsurfing on an inflatable paddle is a fun and accessible activity for everyone. If you’ve never done it before, here are some tips that should help you get started with this new discipline :
- Choosing the right equipment : when you want to windsurf with an inflatable paddle you need a board with a mast foot insert and a central fin. You will also need a sail, a mast and a boom. For added safety you can opt for a lifejacket.
- Finding the right spot : for your first sessions we advise you to choose a flat water, without too many waves and not too crowded.
- Don’t skip the warm-up : it’s important to warm up to prevent injury, as in any other sport. Do some simple stretching and strengthening exercises to prepare your body for the effort.
- Start by sailing upwind : To start windsurfing we advise you to sail upwind. This will allow you to better control your board and sail.