Which inflatable paddle to choose according to the practice ?
Increasingly popular with water sports enthusiasts, the inflatable paddle has many advantages. Light, strong and easy to transport, they are ideal for those who want to enjoy the water without any constraints. However, with the multitude of models available, it can sometimes be difficult to know which inflatable paddle to choose according to your needs and practice. In this article we offer you a selection of inflatable paddles adapted to different types of practice, to help you make the right choice according to your expectations.
Start by identifying your level
First of all, it is important to determine your level of experience with inflatable paddles and your expectations. Depending on whether you just want to go for a walk with your friends, go hiking or surfing, the choice of paddle will be different. Your skill level also plays a part in your choice of paddle. If you’re a beginner, you’re more likely to choose a stable, versatile and less technical paddle. On the other hand, if you are an experienced paddler or want to improve your skills, you should choose a performance-oriented inflatable paddle.
The different shapes of inflatable paddle boards
- “All-round” or “multipurpose” boards : they are ideal for beginners or occasional riders because of their stability. They are suitable for all types of riding. However, these boards may be less interesting for surfing or touring.
- The “touring” or “hiking” type boards : these boards are thinner and longer than the all-round boards. This makes them faster and more manageable. These boards are ideal for touring and hiking over longer distances. This is the case with the Alpha range, for example, which offers exceptional glide. Unlike all-round boards, these will be less stable for beginners.
- Inflatable “surf” paddle boards : Surf type boards, such as the Wave 9’5, have a shape that is closer to a rigid surfboard. The front of the board is slimmer and the tail is narrower. Thanks to this shape these inflatable paddles are more manageable and easier to manoeuvre.
Which inflatable paddle to choose according to the different practices ?
Multipurpose SUPs for touring
- Ocean Walker : Ideal for easy paddle learning at the best price, this light all-round board adapts to all types of water. Its rounded nose and square tail make it easy to forgive balance errors. As you can see, the Ocean Walker is the paddle to choose for beginners who want to ride easily and inexpensively.
- Easy : The Easy range offers the best compromise between accessibility, stability and glide. The Easy 10′ and 10’6 are perfect for fun and riding with family and friends. If you are looking for a better glide and want to go longer distances, the Easy 11’6 and 12’6 are the ones to choose. Their sharp noses will split the water more, so you’ll need less effort for a better glide.
- Malibu : Extremely versatile, Malibu inflatable paddles are perfect for touring. These boards are ideal for beginner to intermediate riders who want to progress quickly. The versatility of these boards allows you to go from touring to surfing or paddle yoga as you please. These top of the range boards are very durable over time for years of optimal use.
- Girly : The Girly is a high quality inflatable paddle board with a sleek design that is perfect for cruising. The Girly 10′ offers excellent stability for beginners. If you’re looking for a faster board, the Girly 11’6 and Girly 12’6 have a slimmer nose that allows you to glide more and go further with less effort.
The ideal inflatable paddle for hiking and speed seeking
To get the most out of your inflatable paddle rides, choose a model with a pointed nose. These paddles split the water more efficiently, allowing you to cover longer distances with less energy. There are three options for choosing your paddle :
- If you want to go for sporty rides and hikes at an affordable price, the Easy 12’6 is the one for you. It combines balance, glide and comfort. Its generous volume will please those who want to go further or for longer periods of time, while enjoying a pleasant glide.
- If you’re looking for a higher end paddle with more cruising performance, the Alpha range is the best option. This range has been specifically designed to provide a fast and effortless glide. You’ll get a great feeling of speed with just a few strokes of the paddle. The Alpha range is recommended for regular paddlers who want to achieve better performance
- For those who want a more refined design, without compromising on performance, the Girly 11’6 and 12’6 are ideal. These boards combine lightness and speed with excellent handling. With good stability, this is the ideal board to discover new horizons during a nice sporty ride.
The best inflatable paddle for surfing
Surfing with an inflatable paddle is possible ! You need a paddle that is rounder than a regular paddle to have the manoeuvrability you need to have fun on the wave.
At Sroka we have designed the Wave 9’5 especially for surfers who are looking for a quality paddle. The board is relatively short and has a round outline to get you down the wave with ease. Its reduced thickness gives it a better grip on the water and greater stability.
With the Wave 9’5 you can go from surfing to riding as you please, whatever your level. The Wave 9’5 has been designed to be a 2-in-1 paddle, so there’s no need to carry a second paddle for those days when the waves aren’t there.
The Wave 9’5 paddle is the perfect choice for riders looking for a high quality, durable and multipurpose inflatable paddle that can be used for both surfing and riding.
Inflatable paddle boarding for two
Which inflatable paddle should I choose for two people ? To paddle together you will need a board with enough volume to carry both of your weights and allow you to glide easily. For optimal stability, choose a paddle with a minimum width of 32 inches. At Sroka we have the perfect boards for tandem paddling.
Easy DUO 15’9 : The Stand-Up paddle Easy DUO is ideal for sharing unforgettable moments with your loved ones in complete safety. With a width of 34 inches and a length of 15’9 feet, it offers optimal stability and glide. It is equipped with two bungee cords, one in the front and one in the back, to allow you to carry your belongings in a convenient way. Thanks to its raised nose, getting through the chop will be a breeze. Finally, the Easy DUO is made of high quality materials. This means that it can withstand up to 220kg and is extremely durable.
SUP DUO : The DUO is designed to be light and rigid to give you optimum stability while providing excellent glide. Although stable like the Easy DUO, the DUO is stiffer and therefore faster. It is specially designed to improve its performance. It is made with the best Dropstich and PVC on the market to give you a similar feeling to a rigid board. With its 16 feet length, 34 inches width and its great rigidity, it can support up to 320kg.
Which inflatable paddle to choose for paddle yoga ?
Paddle yoga is a fast-growing activity that is both fun and relaxing. To get started with this new activity we recommend that you choose a stable and comfortable inflatable paddle. This will allow you to concentrate on your practice without being disturbed. The Malibu 10 and 10’6 paddles and the School 10’3 are great choices for paddle yoga. These versatile SUPs are perfect for trying out yoga on the water, both stable and extremely strong they will give you a great feeling.
Find all our tips for :
How to tack in a Wingfoil?
How to tack in a Wingfoil? How to tack in Wingfoil ? The tack is a manoeuvre that allows you to change tack by turning
Our advice for preparing your wingfoil wing
Our advice for preparing your wing When preparing your Wing for a flying session, it is important to check its condition to ensure optimal performance
What are the best weather conditions for wing foiling ?
What are the best weather conditions for Wing Foil ? There are several weather factors to take into account in order to practice Wing Foil